Version: GeneXus 16
Click here for a PDF transcript of the video.
We see how to ensure that, in the Customer transaction:
- no record is mace of a customer with empty name, empty surname, or a date in the system later than today (Error rule)
- a warning message is shown when the phone remains empty (Msg rule)
- the day’s data is automatically assigned to a Date attribute (Default rule)
- the edition of an attribute is disabled (Noaccept rule)
We show what variables are and what they are used for, and how we define variables in objects, as well as their main difference compared to attributes.
Procedures and listings
Communication between objects
Compound data types and Data Providers
Data Providers and their applications
Design and modeling UI / UX
Native mobile applications
Version and platform Management
Deployment and DevOps
Provide the key theoretical concepts behind GeneXus and skills to apply them in practice, in order to make the best use of the program. This course includes the knowledge offered at the Junior level, complementing it with more in-depth concepts and adding topics of greater complexity.
Those who want to achieve sufficient mastery of GeneXus so as to develop applications of medium complexity without the need for support, except for complex issues.
For those who don’t have prior programming and database knowledge, reading this material before starting the course is recommended.
Suggested methodology for this course:
- Instructor-led: Follow the instructions in the recommendations and suggestions document, which you can download from the download center together with the course materials.
- Self-study: Watch each video and try to replicate in GeneXus the demos made by the teacher (except GeneXus Demo). Then do the practical exercises corresponding to the topic discussed in the video.
Suggested course duration: 100 hours
Introduction and demo: 1 hour
Theory/Practice: 72 hours
Workshop: 12 hours
Review of fundamental concepts: 12 hours
Exam preparation: 3 hours
Students will be able to take the exam corresponding to the GeneXus Analyst certification. This exam is taken on a computer and includes multiple choice and true/false questions about the topics learned throughout the course, to confirm that the student has effectively learned the essential concepts required for developing applications with GeneXus, according to the Analyst Level.
In preparation for the exam, it is suggested that candidates study the material titled Review of fundamental concepts, and work on this practice exam.
Exam duration: 120 minutes.
>> To take the instructor-led course, we recommend that you check the Course Calendar, contact an Academic Partner in your country, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org